Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Andrea left to visit our friends Curt and Elizabeth in the Persian Gulf country of Qatar (ku-tar). She called me and we were able to talk and see each other on Skype before she went to bed the night she arrived. That was great to see her and talk to her after she had spent 30hrs traveling to the other side of the earth. All of her flights went well and she arrived with all of her luggage, which isn't always the case. She emailed me this morning and told me that she was having a great time so far. Her first day was scheduled for a lot of fun activities including sand duning and riding a camel. She was also able to visit the school Curt teaches at, which helps train children to become Olympic athletes (the facilities Curt showed us previously were incredible. I can't wait to hear from her again to see what else she has been able to experience. I also can't wait for her to come home and to see all of her pictures.