Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just Reporting In

Well, nothing too new to report. We're just hanging out and continuing to wait. I did just make my first book purchase for our baby, which was pretty fun! I love the website Amharic Kids, but it does get me into a lot of trouble! So, our child now has their first coloring book and children's book about Ethiopia. I'm pretty excited about them, and I promised Kevin that I would space out my book purchases to maybe just one a month, we'll see. They do have a really cute one on sale right now that is called "I Love my Hair", so I may have to go ahead and break that promise.

I don't know if I mentioned that we have already bought our child's first stuffed animal as well. Once we find out who our baby is, then we will be able to send them a care package with pictures, a stuffed animal, clothes, blanket, etc. We get to fill a one-gallon freezer bag to be sent to Ethiopia, so we will fill it as full as we can! So, we have purchased the cutest little stuffed monkey. I'll put the pic below. We actually went ahead and bought two, so we can send one and take one with us to Ethiopia. We're pretty fond of the monkeys.



I got to see my brothers, sister-in-law and newphews a couple of weeks ago, and it was fabulous! We had great time, and we were able to celebrate Nyle's first birthday! The boy loved his cake, well, the icing!



So, we are just working on house projects, planning some quick, fun trips and just trying to use our time waiting as wisely as possible.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer thus far.